Saturday, February 27, 2016

Influenster Pt. 5: Maybelline VoxBox

Again Influenster?! I've never had boxes sent so frequently. In the beginning of my last Influenster post I mentioned about getting a foundation survey but never got a follow up about it. Literally a few hours after linking the post on my Influenster account I got the email about getting into this Maybelline box. A few days later it came in the mail, which has been the fastest shipping I've ever experienced with them. I know this is "part 5" but in reality, this is my 7th or 8th box, I just tend to forget about writing about them.



In this box I received Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation in 322 Warm Honey. This, like always, was sent free from Influenster to try out and give an honest review. 

I want to start off by saying I have had this foundation before, however, my old one is about a shade too dark. I used my old one a few times in the summer but no more than three times. I loved the formula, but I couldn't wear it because it would oxidize and become darker and really orange. This new one I was sent is actually the color I use, it's the same color I was sent from my last Maybelline Voxbox

Since I knew I loved the formula, I knew I would love this foundation. It really does leave your skin matte. The only downside for me is that theres no pump. I prefer foundation with a pump because its easier to control how much you want to use, without it, I usually pour too much on my hand.





On the left is my old foundation that was too dark, Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless in 330 Toffee, in the center is the new one I was sent, and on the right is my MAC Pro Longer foundation in NW35. As I mentioned above, the one on the left was too dark and orange on my face. The one on the right fits me unless I apply too much, if I do then its too orange.




In this picture are the three foundations swatched on my arm, which is a little lighter than my face. You can see here that the one on the left is way too dark and the one on the right is a little more orange compared to the one in the middle. 


Overall I will be wearing this foundation, especially as the spring/summer months arrive. I tend to get more oily and this foundation does a great job in handling it.  I will recommend trying this out if you too have oily skin, obviously it wouldn't really fit someone with dry skin because of how it dries. 


This is me wearing the new foundation, I only look shiny because I like to pack on the highlight ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment