Monday, February 15, 2016

Nivea Men Post Shave Balm

Hello there, fellow makeup addicts! I'm back and I want to tell you about one of my new Holy Grail makeup items. Many people I talk to seem to not know that priming your face before makeup actually helps the longevity of it. Surprisingly, I didn't know this either until I entered the world of /r/mua, about 3 or 4 years ago. Unfortunately, there are so many primers out there, I feel you have to just keep trying different ones until you find the right one. (yay! for sephora samples!!)

Primers range from all sorts of prices and brands. It all comes down to if it fits your skin type, the rest of your makeup routine and most importantly, your budget. My first primer was Lorac's POREfection Mattifying Face Primer which runs at $32 for 1.7oz. I was completely in love with this primer, enough to buy it multiple times, even though at the end of the day I would still end up oily. I used this up until last month when I finally ran out and it was time for a new bottle.

After testing out the MUFE and Becca matte primer with no luck, I finally decided on taking the plunge and getting the Nivea Men's Sensitive Post Shave Balm. I was extremely skeptical of this, one because I thought, would it work with my oily skin? And is it actually as good as people say? but, the answer is, Yes! There will be a more detailed post coming up in my updated makeup routine, but to put it very simple, about $6 depending on where you buy it, for a whole 3.3 fl oz.

This product does have a slight "mens" scent, however, it does go away after applying foundation. I do recommend trying this how, but I will say that using this as a primer is not for everyone, as I mention before, you'll just have to give it a try to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment