Monday, February 15, 2016

Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette: Swatches and Mini-review

I've lusted over the Too Faced Chocolate Bar ever since I laid eyes on it, but the colors were a little too light for me, however, once the Bon Bons palette came out I had to have it. Some of the colors are almost my skin color but I still love it. Right now, this is the palette I tend to grab for the most over the Lorac Pros.


The Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette consists of 16 shades. There are four matte, ten satin/metallic and two shimmer. The looks I usually  do with this tends to be more natural-no makeup looks. I only recently tried the suggested looks from the look book that came with it. The swatches are over Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer on the top half of my arm(NW35) and bare skin on the bottom half. 


L-R: Almond Truffle, Satin Sheets, Cashew Chew, Cotton Candy,
Café Au Lait, Dark Truffle, Pecan Praline, Totally Fetch

Almond Truffle, Cashew Chew and Pecan Praline were swatched twice so color could actually show up. As you can see, Almond Truffle only shows on the half with primer. The rest are great, I've only used Totally Fetch once (to do the look book tutorial), but since the colors are so light on me I can only really do natural and or fresh eye looks with this first half of the palette. 

L-R: Sprinkles, Molasses Chip, Malted, Bordeaux, Mocha, Black Currant, Earl Grey, Divinity

One of the main reasons I bought this palette was for Earl Grey and Bordeaux. Unfortunately Bordeaux is a horrible shadow and it only shows up if you really pack it on, this is the same for Malted, this is just as bad as Bordeaux, but for this picture I swatched it 4 times just to show how patchy those colors are.  Divinity is the one color I absolutely stay away from because it looks nice a creamy in the pan but shows as white on my skin. Earl Grey is everything I wanted from it. 


Overall, my favorites are Café Au Lait, Molasses Chip, Black Currant and Earl Grey. To me, this palette feels like it can be a hit or miss for anybody, but because I have dupes for the colors that are bad, I don't really mind not being able to use them. This palette does have the chocolate scent like the rest of their chocolate bar line. I don't think I would recommend this without swatching it yourself first, because like I said, it can vary greatly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment