Monday, January 30, 2017

My Liquid Lipstick Collection

 
It's no secret that I'm addicted to lipsticks. So when liquid lipsticks got even more popular, I was all over it. Theres so many different formulas and so many similar colors, but I love each one differently.  People love matte, non transferring lipsticks so much that you can now find them in the drugstore all the way up to high end beauty. Here's what I've collected over the year and my thoughts on them.


L-R: Cherry Cobbler, Mango Sorbet, Mixed Berry Soufflé,
Raspberry Tart, Tiramisu.
Jordana: This brand is a good drugstore option. Some colors are different in their formula but you really can't beat their price. For a full length review on these you can find it here.


L-R: How Fleek isYour Love, Too Tulip to Quit, Video Vixen
Wet n' Wild: Another great drugstore option, however these aren't carried everywhere, though I recently saw them on permeant display at walmart. They are sold online on the WnW website. These liquid lipsticks really surprised me because they are so good. They do have a lot more colors to choose from now so its even better. The formula is different from the other brands that I have. Its almost creamy and it takes a little longer to dry. One thing I love is that they don't have a scent to them. These retail for around $4.99 on the website and a bit more in stores. If I didn't already have so many other options, I would buy more colors in an instant. 


L-R(t-b): Adorable, Precious, Loved, Gorgeous, Emotion, Sugar, Magnetic, Matterialistic, Chromatic Addict
Milani: In my opinion, this is the best drugstore brand. Their formula is pretty consistent, with the occasional few. They have a slightly sweet scent to them, though not as strong as the Jordana. These retail for $7-9 depending on where you go. My biggest complaints are that some of lighter shades tend to crumble off easily, and there's so many different color options, but they're all too similar. The last two shades in these pictures are from the Mattalics collection, which seems to have different, but better formula. They can last so long, when I wear them only a small part on the inside of the lip fades away if eating, but its never too noticeable and its easy to touch up. 


L-R: Stingrae, More Better, Bumble
Colourpop: I feel like Colourpop lipsticks are a hit or miss depending on the color. The formula is mostly liquid-y and they don't have a scent to them at all. These three are my absolute favorite colors from but the formulas are a bit different for each one. Stingrae is mostly good, but it separates more than any other lipstick I own. More Better is long lasting and vibrant, but is almost like a satin lipstick, it transfers easily and can be wiped off normally. Bumble is overall the best shade, theres actually no con to it. Ultra Matte Lips retail for $6 online. If you don't mind the wait, shipping prices and looking up swatches, this is the best route to go. Completely affordable with a wide range of colors.


L-R: Smashbox Drivers Seat, Out Loud, KVD Backstage Bambi, Kylie Cosm. Ginger, ABH Ashton
  • Smashbox: I can't exactly say how these are compared to the other shades since I only have one, but I've swatched most colors and the formula seems pretty consistent. Out Loud tends to separate a bit more, but goes back to normal after shaking/mixing. These don't have any scent and the formula is mousse-like. The wand applicator is different than the other lipsticks I have. Almost like a teardrop shape with an open center. I actually like it more, because you can get a more precise line with the tip. These retail for $24 
  • Kat Von D: My very first liquid lipstick I got in early 2014. KVD ahead of the game. BB is a great shade, however the formula on this one is a bit difficult to work with. Since my lips are dark, it shows up very patchy. This one also has no scent, and the formula almost seems like a cream lip stain. I would love to try other colors in this line but I feel like I already have dupes and don't really need to. (Except for some of those new shades, omg) These retail for $20.
  • Kylie Cosm.: Theres was speculation that these are just Colourpop lipsticks because Kylie and Colourpop use the same lab but both brands came out to say that their formulas and colors are completely different. I feel that this color that I have is almost the same formula as CP Bumble, with the exception that Kylie lipsticks have a very strong sweet scent. I would say too similar to dish out the $29 for a lip kit or $17 for a single, plus $9 shipping, unless theres a specific color that you're looking for. 
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills: First, I want to say that this colors is amazing and I want to wear it forever. Second, I'm so on the fence with this formula, but I also don't want to buy more colors because there isn't too many different options. The formula is very mousse-like, more so than Smashbox. It doesn't completely dry down, but it is matte. There is no scent with these and they retail for $20.

L-R(t-b): Androgyny, Doll Parts, Masochist, Redrum, Unicorn Blood, Dominatrix, Weirdo, I'm Royalty, Blue Velvet

Jeffree Star Cosm.: Overall, I think this is the best liquid lipstick brand. Aside from Jeffrees actions, this really takes the cake. The formula is a bit liquidy, but it gives you enough time before drying to correct a mistake if you've made one. Most of the lipsticks don't have a scent, however the ones that do smell somewhat like rootbeer. Its not the best choice, it ends up smelling medicinal and weird. These retail for $18, you can find them on his site or on beautylish. 


Out of all the lipsticks I own, I know JSC is the best formula, but I think that newer colors seem to only fit people with his skintone, which is a let down. I'm excited to try out Beauty Bakerie lipsticks because they seem to really take into consideration how lipsticks would look on medium - dark skin more than other brands. As great as LL are, I feel like you can only have so many before they start to dupe each other. I know half of my nude colors look similar, but they're still different enough for me to enjoy each one.  I hope you enjoyed reading my rambling and my opinion on each brand. If you have any suggestions on which other brands I should try next, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment