Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Butter London Swatches and Review

BUTTER LONDON


MACBETH

Macbeth is described as a "orange-y-coral" but against my skin tone it just looked like a hot pink-coral. I think its an amazing color though, its not too bright and summery, also the polish was very opaque. With Macbeth I added my first Deborah Lippmann glitter in Happy Birthday. I should add that Happy Birthday may be one of the best glitter polishes I have tried, I only needed to do one coat of glitter. Over all this mani lasted the two days I had it on with no chips.

TROUT POUT


Trout Pout is described as a "pale, retro cantaloupe" and again against my skin tone it was a different color. When looking at other swatches of Trout Pout it looked like a really pretty coral but it ended up looking more like a bright Barbie pink. This polish was not as opaque as the other butters and needed the second coat to really get the color evened out. Despite not being opaque, it did last the two days before I changed it.

ROYAL NAVY


Described as a "navy blue," that's exactly what Royal Navy is. It is very opaque and may only need one coat. I definitely did not want to take this polish off, the color was so beautiful. When I first painted my nails with Royal Navy I was genuinely surprised that it was a cream polish because in the bottle it looks sheer. Unfortunately, I had to take this polish off later on in the day because the tape came off.

No comments:

Post a Comment