Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Gradient Tutorial

My most recent mani is a super bright neon gradient. I think gradients are one of the easiest looks to do but at times it can be hard to get a smooth transition, straight lines, or pigmented colors. I admit I am not the best at gradients and I still have trouble doing them, but for those still learning, I made a tutorial for you to follow. 


Colors I used: Alpine Snow, Celtic Sun, I'm With The Lifeguard.




If you do not let your nails completely dry the tape will stick to the polish and pull it off when you try to remove it.




Make sure there are no open spaces for the color to go under when you sponge it on.




For the V part you do not need to paint thick stripes, unless you are doing the whole nails.




I like to put on at least two or three sponged layers to get the colors as opaque as possible. When sponging on the colors make sure to do it in an up and down motion to get the gradient effect.




You can stop here and only do an accent nail, you can do the V design on all fingers or continue on and do a gradient on the full nail.




To do a gradient on your full nail make sure you tape up your nails for easy clean up. Also, paint new thicker stripes on a clean side of your sponge.




I added one coat of Fairy Dust by China Glaze, then added my top coat.


I hope this tutorial was easy enough to follow. I did forget to add to clean up around your nails, especially if you didn't use tape. If you decide to try this out please tag me on Instagram (@carriedawaynails or #carriedawaynails)  I want to see all of your creations and see how it worked out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment