Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Butter London polish review

BUTTER LONDON

I love all types of polish and recently decided to go out of my comfort zone of OPI and China Glaze and purchase some Butter Londons. After what seemed like hours I finally decided on three: Fiddlesticks, Fiver, and Tart With a Heart. 



FIDDLESTICKS

I picked fiddlesticks because I don't have any other color like it. It's an almost maroon colored base with magenta glitter. It dried like a textured polish but not as.... textured? I love the color but the glitter is throwing me off. Even with Orly's Bonder as a base this polish chipped within the first day. Overall, I don't think this polish is for me and will probably not wear it again, if only it was a cream instead.



FIVER

Fiver... I could not get enough of this one. I picked it because it's my own personal polish goal to collect every mint color. Though this mint is more green than it is blue, you can't tell unless you have it painted on your nails right next to a blue mint like Re-fresh Mint by China Glaze. With Nail Envy as a base coat the polish lasted until I changed it, which was about four days, even then it didn't have any chips. I love this polish and I want to buy a billion more just in case I lose one.



TART WITH A HEART

What sold me with Tart With a Heart was swatches of it over black. Like I mentioned before I'm not too fond of glitters but this totally won my heart over. On the website it's described as a pale pink glitter but honestly I think its more of a sandy-gold glitter with bigger teal glitter. If worn by itself it looks like sand and would be perfect for a beach themed mani, I also tried this over a light blue and I felt like Cinderella. This glitter can basically go over any color and look beautiful. With this I used Nail Envy as well for a base coat and it too lasted until I changed it. I do like this polish but I probably will only bust it out for fancy outings. 



After testing these three I decided that I need more Butter London polishes but these babies are about $15 a .4 fl oz bottle. If you want to splurge on some high-end polishes I would definitely recommend these.

Bonus picture of fiver with my favorite drink just because...



No comments:

Post a Comment