Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Five Lipsticks of 2013!

Oh myy... Let me just start off by saying this was one of the hardest decisions to make. I love all my lipsticks and I wish I could wear them all in one day. Luckily, all I had to do was look at my pictures and see which ones I wore the most. So, in no particular order, because that would take another 5 hours to decide which is better, here are my top five favorite lipsticks of 2013.



1. Urban Decay Anarchy Revolution Lipstick
I first tried this as a sample, from ipsy, and I immediately fell in love. I went out and got the lipstick and matching lipliner. A year ago I thought bright pinks made me look horrible, boy did this change my mind. The formula of the Revolution Lipsticks are great, but with this one you definitely need the lipliner, or at least in my experience, it would not stay on my lips. 



2. OCC Black Dahlia Lip Tar
Again, the first time I tried this was a sample and I loved it so much I bought it. It was my first "dark" lip color. I had so much trouble with this lip tar because I really wore it all the time. I think the only con with this is when/if you need to reapply. What I did after a few times wearing and applying with the brush is,  heat up a Burts Bees Lip balm and mixed some in. Now theres not so much work to applying/reapplying.



3. MAC Touch (Lustre)
After getting lots of pinks, reds and berries I craved nude lipstick. It took me about a week of searching online to find a good nude lipstick that would go with my skin tone. At first I was totally set on MAC Spice until I learned that it was LE and the wrong finish. Luckily someone recommend this one to me. It is totally my go to lipstick. I even wear it when I don't have any makeup on because I love how it looks with my skin. 



4. Homemade Red
Like I mentioned with Black Dahlia, I mixed the lip tar in Vintage with Burt's Bees Lip Balm. This is the most perfect red lipstick. Vintage is more of a dark brick red, but when mixing with the lip balm it became more of a true red. My only regret is not paying attention how much lip tar I mixed with it, so when its gone, its gone.
The paper swatch came out pink, but it is a true red.



5. Mac Film Noir (Satin)
So after wearing Black Dahlia all summer I craved something darker. I went to the MAC counter and bought this on a whim. The only thing that saddens me about this lipstick is that it does not photograph well, on me its a nice dark chocolate color. Lately, this is the lipstick I want to wear everyday. Partly because every time I do, I have big dramatic hair to go along with it and get PLENTY of looks. But, oh well. I.LOOK.FABULOUS.





There are a ton more lipsticks I wish I could add, but these are the ones I wore the most and kinda wore them for weeks before changing to a different lipstick. I think looking back I am very surprised. all I used to wear was red. Actually, My lip actual "lipstick" was Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable balm stain in "Adore." I hate anything but red and anything pink was repulsive. Now, I have more pink lipsticks than I can count and I absolute love each and everyone of them. I know it might sound cheesy, but I hope this encourages you to try different lip colors. Who cares what people think, if you think and feel fabulous, you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment