Monday, November 3, 2014

Lipstick Swatches and Mini Review Pt. 1

Hello again! I was recently looking for some lipstick swatches and I realized that there aren't too many for people with dark skin. So, I pulled out my lipstick drawer and got started. I wasn't able to do all of them because after a few it felt like my lips were going to fall off.  Also, I want to add that the sun kept hiding behind the clouds, changing how a few pictures looked. So, sorry about that.


MAC HAUTECORE is a matte black. This was part of the LE Punk Couture line. I wear it when I'm home bored because I don't have the guts to wear it out yet. It is a little patchy and doesn't have the same drying feeling as normal matte lipsticks.


MAC STUDDED KISS is a matte brick red. Also part of the Punk Couture line. I only wear this with a liner because it is very patchy. Also doesn't feel like other mattes.


MAC PUNK COUTURE is a matte a dark plum. I rarely wear this because its it patchier than the others. Even with a liner I cannot get it to look normal.


MAC RUSSIAN RED is a matte classic blue red. If I wear this lipstick I feel so fancy. I dont know what it is. I love it. Also, it lasts a very long time.


MAC FILM NOIR is a matte reddish brown. Although you can see a lot of red in this picture, its mainly due to watching Russian Red before. This is mentioned in one of my top favorite lipsticks, and it still is. I am definitely ready to wear this 24/7.


MAC FLAT OUT FABULOUS is a matte blue-ish pink. One of my go to lipsticks. I can't help it, I don't know how I lived without it. Its just so amazing, you need it.


MAC TAUPE is a matte ... nude? I'm not sure. Peachy brown? This easily became my favorite nude. I had been looking for a matte nude for such a long time and finally came across this. I am SOO glad I did. 


MAC TOUCH is a "Lustre" reddish creamy brown. I love lustres because they give me that "barely there" look that I do too often. This was my go to nude, until I longed for a matte. I do, however, prefer this finish in the spring/summer. It usually looks a little less red, but my lips were super stained by this point. 


MAC CREME IN YOUR COFFEE is a "Creamsheen" mauve-like lipstick. Depending on what time of the year it is, this lipstick can be a MLBB. I don't reach for this as often as I used to, unless I really want that "I want you to think I'm hardly wearing makeup" look.


MAC GODDESS OF THE SEA is a "creamsheen" creamy berry. The only reason I bought this is because it was limited edition and my MAC counter still had a handful in stock. It is a great color though. 


MAC VIVA GLAM RIHANNA is a frost blue red. I think I liked the packaging more than the lipstick itself. I just read that its a frost... not what I imagined a frost lipstick would be like. It does have gold shimmer, but its not too noticeable unless your two inches away from my face looking for it. 


BITE BEAUTY POMEGRANATE is another classic red. I think the Bite pencils are hydrating. They are neither matte nor glossy. I don't really reach for this one because it looks so similar to my other red lipsticks and I'm scared of finishing it.


BITE BEATY RHUBARB is another mauve like color. Also a MLBB. Again, I dont tend to reach for this because I'm scared of finishing it. This has a very matte look to it and a very creamy feel. I want 100 of these to sit in a drawer so I can never use them from being too scared. This is one of the few colors that I carry around with me in my purse for "just in case".


MAKEUP FOREVER (MUFE) ROUGE ARTIST INTENSE 15 is a metallic purple. I want to love this color so bad. Its SOO beautiful but equally patchy. I always put this on but get frustrated with the patchiness and take it off, but when I sit home alone, I wear it all day. Another thing that keeps me from wearing this brand is the smell... they unfortunately have that smell of foundation when foundation smells.


MUFE ROUGE ARTIST N9 another mauve-y color. Less opaque than the others though. Not patchy like the 15. I don't use this one at all really, because I cannot handle the smell.


MUFE ROUGE ARTIST N45 is a sheer red. This looks more like a tinted balm. A little patchy, not unbearable. Again, it smells too much to wear.


WET N WILD CHERRY PICKING is a matte dark magenta. These WnW lipsticks are probably my favorite drugstore lipstick ever. Like, I feel like everyone should try these out, because not only are they affordable but, they are really amazing lipsticks.


WNW STOPLIGHT RED semi-matte blue red. For not wearing red that often I have a lot of reds. I think that lately its between Russian Red and this one though.


WNW MOCHALICIOUS is a matte reddish light brown. If Film Noir and Taupe had a baby, it would be this. This is was made me want Taupe. I love the darkness of this but wanted a nude a little lighter.


WNW MOCHALICIOUS + JUST PEACHY. Just peachy is a very light peach color that is extremely pastel looking on me. So I wear it over mochalicious, just lightly dabbed in the middle.


URBAN DECAY TURN ON is a creamy light pink. I bought this because I wanted something that I didn't have. I don't think I hate a lipstick more than this one, only because the way it looks on me. Its such a pretty color but, it is also too pastel and it makes me feel clownish.


UD VENOM is a deep plum with fuchsia shimmer. I don't know what happened to application in this picture but apparently I threw it out the window. This was my first mid range lipstick. It feels so nice and creamy but not too creamy.. like just enough cream... hahah.


UD ANARCHY is a bright blue pink. When I first got this lipstick I could not get enough. Like, when I die, this is the lipstick I want to be wearing. As much as I love it, it does take a little more effort to wear. Without liner it starts to seep out of your lip line. Also, wearing this, you'll have nicely stained lips for a day or two after.

No comments:

Post a Comment